Today we’ve created a Journal Album for an upcoming Summer-Beach Vacation.
We’ll be revealing the cover of our journal today, which is rich in texture and character. We were inspired by the Thematic Challenge at Mixed Media & Art Blog. We’ve incorporated the blue sea, the star as starfish, the sand, shells, and the contrasting orange in our sentiment.
Here’s a look at the board:
We were inspired by the theme Nautical at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Apart from these, we are also entering this piece for The International Tournament of Art & Craft- Challenge #1 Europe. Here’s how we incorporated the elements:
- Papers– We’ve used a lot of tissue paper for our base to create the waves.
- Letters– In our sentiment phrases
- Blue for the colour of the European Union, Union Jack– In our deep blue sea
- Ribbon, twine, string or lace– We used broad lace in the background for our sandy area.
- Textures – take inspiration from history from ancient civilizations to the fall of the Berlin Wall– Our journal cover is filled with textures, crackle effect representing all the erosion land and sea; the ripples; the waves; the grainy texture of the sand; the shells; bubbles; glitter representing frothy water hitting the shore.
- Something both vintage and modern- All in all, we were very inspired by the seas/islands of Europe and this reminds of a fun vacation. These places have been preserved and are a combination of vintage and modern.
Here’s our Journal cover:
This project was submitted for: